PUNTO ROJO S.A. was established in 1946 as a soap-manufacturing business in the province of Alajuela, Costa Rica. Over the years, it became the Costa Rican soap industry’s most important company and one of Central America’s largest and most modern.
It started out producing only laundry soap and began to manufacture toilette soap in 1961. It then went on to expand its lines to include powder and liquid detergents, disinfectants, shampoos and today manufactures a wide variety of cleaning and personal hygiene products.
One of the strengths of PUNTO ROJO S.A. is its technology, which has always been up to date with the most modern manufacturing systems worldwide. Well-trained personnel ensure correct equipment functioning and optimum quality of all its products.
The company also has a Research and Development Department that is constantly researching new ways to improve existing products and develop new ones that fulfill modern day requirements, giving special importance to the environment.
This is why PUNTO ROJO S.A. manufactures its product lines using top-quality raw materials and has a Quality Control Department to ensure the quality of raw materials and the finished products.
MISSION: We manufacture and commercialize cleaning and personal hygiene products that satisfy our customers’ needs creating value for shareholders and strategic partners through responsible management of our employees, the community and the environment.
VISION: To grow the Central American and Caribbean markets based on product excellence and commercialize complementary products within the local market.
- Excellence, by meeting the needs of our customers and emphasizing a continuous commitment to improving product and service quality as well as environmental protection.
- Teamwork, in order to fulfill our objectives through the formation of teams in which collective intelligence, team member development and the search for common goals are promoted so as to achieve greater competitiveness.
- Respect for employees and employee safety, by recognizing the individual contributions of each employee, ensuring their fair and humane treatment as well as safety.
- Employee self-improvement, through job performance recognition and the provision of equal opportunities for employee professional development.
- Social Responsibility, through constant efforts to promote environmental protection and community strengthening.
In addition to strictly adhering to the law, the company is actively engaged in continuous improvement efforts to optimize resource utilization, reduce and adequately dispose of waste, develop more efficient operations as well as ensure company compliance with national laws and regulations at all times.
The company currently exports top-quality products to the following countries:
- 1. Nicaragua
- 2. El Salvador
- 3. Guatemala
- 4. Honduras
- 5. Panama
- 6. Jamaica
- 7. Trinidad & Tobago
- 8. Dominican Republic